And it isn't even September!
Our 4th was spent with E's brothers, their wives, and their kids. That's 3 brothers, 3 sisters-in-law, and 8(!) children. Yeah. It was like that.
Middle BIL's family and us people met youngest BIL at the "beach" about an hour from our house. I use the term beach lightly because I lived in Florida for 10 years and have pretty high beach standards. This doesn't even come close to making the cut.
![]() |
| Can we just talk about this shirt? It's Janie and Jack (expensive) I got it at a consignment sale for $5. |
So we got there around mid/late afternoon and went to a local state park with a submarine and battleship that you could tour. I'm officially going to come out and say I am NOT the touring a sub kinda girl. That is too much claustrophobia for me. Hell, I can't even watch Hunt for Red October or K-19 without feeling trapped. I'm not sure if it's the submarine itself or the fact that is resides IN the water and there's no way out, but it is not my thing.
Afterwards we ate at a local Greek restaurant (yum) with wine (even better) which was right across the street from the beach where they had fireworks. We left before they were over (to avoid traffic) but everyone had a great time. This was A's first year to get to see fireworks as last year we had a drought and they were banned and the year before she was only 7 months old and slept through the whole thing. She loved them! She would name all the colors of the fireworks as they went off and she told me the next day her favorite ones were the purple and green.

No comments:
Post a Comment