Sunday, July 26, 2009

A letter

Dear BayBee,

Oh. Hai. As you may have guessed by now, I'm your mommy. Now I know you were probably secretly hoping for one of those surrogate things but, too bad, you're stuck with us. But you know, we love you and are excited for you, and blah blah blah.

I want to have A Word with you. We will be having many of these over the years so just get used to them and be glad that I can't see you roll your eyes.

Now, about Wednesday. Daddy is taking a half day off work. Now, I know. Daddy is ALWAYS getting to take time off of work while we work allthedamntime. But seriously, you and I kiddo, have to be there that day. Kinda like labor. Gigi (the crazy lady with the southern accent) is driving three hours to be here. And your brother's mom (yes, your brother has a different mom. It will all be explained later) is letting him come to this too.

So what I'm trying to say is a lot of people are making a lot of effort to be here for the ultrasound this week. I may say this will be one of the few times in life all kinds of people will be interested in what's going on in your crotchal region. If you're a girl, pregnancy may be the only other time that compares. If you're a boy, you just long for that kind of interest. :P

So cooperate. Show us what you've got, buddy. The world is waiting with baited breath (no, I never understood that phrase either but go with me).

I might talk daddy into getting you a little something sporty for your 16th birthday. Otherwise, you'll be driving my truck. You think it looks bad now, just wait. Hahahaha.

Love Always,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean crazy lady??? twitch...twitch....

    I keep thinking you can't get any funnier but you keep surprising me.

    I'm glad you had this little chat with whoseits because I've been worried about the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU BETTER CALL ME TOMORROW!!! :-) Not that I'll hear my phone, but I'll check it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminded me of a song...hey hey, we're going to the lake...grab a couple of toys and let dada slip you in the car seat.

    ReplyDelete