Sunday, July 5, 2009

EW! Get it off!

In my commitment to honest reporting (blogging?) about my pregnancy I must share some horrifying news that may venture over into TMI territory.

But first, I must say, I am the proud owner of a deep belly button. I'm not sure what my mother/the doctor did wrong/right but it's true.

I noticed this weekend that it was looking a little dirty. So, after my shower I sat down to clean it out. A few Q-tips later, I noticed something in there. A long, dark something.

Yes, my friends, I found a hair. In my belly button. Not near it, not around the outer area, smack dab down in there.

I did what any woman would do. I plucked that sucker. I'll let you know if 6 more come to its funeral.

Not sure if it's pregnancy related but since this is the first time I've seen one I'll assume that it is. That, or maybe the long chin hair the women in my family get got confused and ended up in there.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!! You and your hairy belly button. Pregnancy sure is weird. Another pregnant friend of mine (1st trimester) is craving Taco Bell. I don't think even pregnancy could bring me to THAT. I'd rather have the hairy belly button thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete