Big ugly panties are uber comfortable.
I recently had to purchase larger underwear. I figured if I went one size up I could avoid having to buy maternity underwear because I can only assume that it, like most other "maternity" items is expensive and hard to find something cute.
On a side note, seriously, I HATE shopping for maternity clothes. M-hood Maternity is annoying and over-priced, Le Target has ZERO in the way of selection. Same with Kohls and Old Navy. Ross has shirts but no work pants. I guess I need to try department stores? I also hate the full belly panel. It's too damn hott outside for that shizz (sorry mom). The half-panel is better but I'm getting to the point where my stomach is too big and it folds down when I sit.
It doesn't help much that my loathe for maternity clothes means that I have three pairs of work pants, three shirts, one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, and a pair of capris that fit. Oh, and a dress. Do you think that work will feel sorry for me and go shopping on my behalf?
I told E I was going to take up with the Pentecostals because the only thing comfy in my closet is my one maternity dress. But the Pentecostals that let you wear make-up and jewelry and cut your hair.
Ok, sorry. I got carried away. Back to underwear.
I bought two packs of those 6 for $5 underwears. I took one out and unfolded it. OMG that thing was huge! I thought to myself "I bought too big, I might have to return the unopened pack." So I tried it on. Nope, turns out my butt really is that big.
And Oh. My. There are no words to describe my comfort level. I am now a huge fan of big sturdy panties.
I did make the mistake of showing them to E in all their unfurled glory. I think I made him a little nervous. That combined with the fact that I am wearing a pair of his PJ pants and they are now only slightly big for me. BP (before pregnancy) they wouldn't even stay up.
Yes, I am 24 weeks pregnant and can wear my 6'4" husbands pants with little problem.
If only I hadn't left all those long skirts w/ elastic waists in Cuba....not to mention that one shirt that made me look dreadfully pregnant. I totally would send them to you if I still had them. You could always just wear mumus (or "patio dresses" as they're now called, according to the SPQs).
ReplyDeleteno comment
ReplyDelete