I briefly mentioned that I got a pamphlet about the benefits of perineal massage. With instructions. And illustrations. Suffice to say it was more of "me" than I wanted to see (May the record reflect that childbirth itself will also be providing more of "me" than I want to see and I'm ok with that.).
So E and I were going over all the paperwork given to me by the midwife at my last appointment. He was very enthused. Here are some examples:
- Birthing class: "Do I have to? I did this once already."
- Whether or not to give little one a vitamin K shot: "This is an option?"
- Cord Blood Banking: "Go find out the details and get back to me."
Then we get to the pamphlet entitled "Prenatal Perineal Massage."
Me: Whatever you do, don't open it.
E (opening the pamphlet): Why is it expensive?
Me: Um, no, it's free....
E: Is that person getting their finger chopped off?
Me: Um, no, not exactly.....
E: Oh God, is that what I think it is?
Me: There's a section on partner massage!
E: Ew! Get it away from me!
My thoughts exactly.
ReplyDelete