Thursday, December 29, 2011

2 years! Ack!!!

Let's see where she is developmentally.

According to her pediatrician, she's in the 25% for weight and 50% for height. Which is where she's been most of her life (save for that super chubby baby phase before she started crawling when she jumped to almost 50% for weight).

Most kids can do:
Name 6 body parts: Check, her favorite is the belly (it's my favorite too)
Half of speech is understandable: Well, to me at least.
Makes 2-3 word sentences: The other morning she woke up and asked for "Daddy or Gigi"

Half of all kids can do:
Talks about self: Kinda. I guess. Sometimes.
Arranges things in categories: Yes. Exactly like her type-A mama.
Can walk down stairs: She's getting better at this since we started bathing her upstairs in the bathroom she will share with S.

A few kids can do:
Begin to understand abstract concepts (sooner, later): I think so. Because she freaks out toddler-style whenever I tell her we'll do something "later"
Becomes attuned to gender differences: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???!!!! I'm so confused and trying to decide if as a feminist I should be concerned about this question.
Learns to jump: Yeah, she's got this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment