I can't wait to share this news with you all! No, I'm not pregnant, and no, I'm not quitting my job to become the next American Idol (I think I'm past the age limit anyways)
No, the news is even better.
We've joined a CSA! For the next 10 weeks we'll have delicious, locally grown, organic farm fresh fruits and veggies!
I know, it's a fairly minor thing to be excited about but I've been trying to convince E to try this for over a year now. And while it's fairly comparable to what we spend on fruits and veggies at the grocery store, it's kinda an investment to make because you pay for 10 weeks all at once. We also have the options for "add ons" such as free range whole chicken, cheese, etc.
Naturally I will be blogging the whole thing, complete with pics, maybe some recipes for those weird items that may end up in there, and reviews. We pick up our first box on Tuesday!
Good luck!!! I've shyed away from doing this in my area because of negative reviews about getting a bunch of random stuff, and then having to go out and spend a ton on a grocery bill to make them into workable dinners.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to just hit up our local farmer's market and fill in w/ things that didn't make it in our garden. I am looking forward to reading about how you do though :)