Dear _______ (co-worker, colleaguge, random stranger, and others),
Yes, I am due in December. However, I would appreciate it if you would not refer to my unborn fetus as a "Christmas baby." If you were listening when you asked when I was due you would hear "December 6."
Let me explain. I will be 40 weeks on December 6. I could have her before then. If I do not deliver at that point they will induce me at 42 weeks at the absolute latest. Which puts us at December 20. I AM CLEARLY NOT HAVING A CHRISTMAS BABY!!!!!
If anything it's more like a Hanukkah baby, which you know makes me very happy.
Thanks,
Me
PS- Also, if you would refrain from saying things like "I don't think you'll make it, haha" that would be awesome. okthanxbai!
Being a December baby myself, I can say with authority Audrey will be penalized. All my life, people commented on what they would have done for me if my birthday had not been in December. As if it were my fault. You might want to consider an unbirthday party in June.
ReplyDeleteThe worst is when they have a b-day near Christmas AND graduate from college in December. Jenny made me go broke Dec. of 2002. Thank goodness she isn't getting married in Dec (especially since her fiance's b-day is Dec. 8th). And yes, you're not having a "Christmas" baby unless she is born on Dec. 24th or 25th.
ReplyDelete