Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Dreams Summary

Some people have weird pregnancy dreams. I've had one or two prior to this week. Now, they're picking up steam. They are quite strange indeed.

First Trimester: I had a dream I had a miscarriage. Not fun. Had to wake E up after that one.

Quads?: I had a dream I gave birth to quadruplets. The old-fashioned way. It was a total surprise however I was very calm about the whole thing (quite contrary to my real nature, as you know). I just simply told E that we needed a few more car seats and not to worry as I could push one double stroller in each hand.

No Pain: Last night I had a dream I gave birth and it didn't hurt. At all. I told E that I've had poops that hurt worse than that and that most women were wusses. Complete fiction, I know.

Now the dream that was most true to real life.

Work: I had a dream I went into labor early (like, before maternity leave). Naturally I didn't have everything completed work-wise I wanted to have done. So there I was, in the birthing tub at the center, with my work laptop perched on the side of the tub, completing a court report in between contractions. E was yelling at me to put the computer away and concentrate on the task at hand (like, you know, having a baby). So, I yelled back that Judge O was going to be upset if the court report wasn't turned in 10 days prior to the hearing and that I'd put the computer away as soon as it was done. And I'd checked my e-mail.

Am I really that much of a work-a-holic??

2 comments:

  1. I dreamed I had puppies. And no one said anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dreamed I gave birth and it didn't hurt too. I do remember being very confused in the dream though, since I knew good and well I hadn't had sex w/ anyone. I was really glad that was just a dream!

    Remember that dream about you I had before your wedding? If not, here it is again: I dreamed you were pregnant and gave birth to a girl (just call me Miss Cleo :-P ). You named her Methany (like the drug) and thought it was funny. I was livid that you would do that to your child. Then you had someone take the baby away to care for it for you (but not adoption...more like a nanny who does everything for the next 18 yrs). You told me that you couldn't be bothered with a child. Again, I was angry, and I started arguing w/ you that you needed to care for your own kids or else not have them. Then I woke up and was like, "Huh?" So please, take care of your daughter and don't name her something stupid and drug related. :-D

    ReplyDelete