Yeah, not too much of that happens around here. We've managed to (so far) avoid the deadly "C" word around here. Although I'm sure now that I've announced that to the Series of Connected Intertubes she will promptly prove me wrong.
Whenever people ask about Audrey the usual questions come up. How old is she? (7 weeks, in case you didn't know) How much did she weigh when she was born? (7lbs) and How is she sleeping? My answer to that is always the same. Like a newborn. In occasionally restless short spurts.
I never deluded myself into thinking that she would sleep in long, glorious 12 hour spurts like her mama. But I will admit I was somewhat disappointed that the term "sleeping through the night" meant 5-6 hours. So, basically, a college-level nap.
She is generally down between 7:30-9:30. Her first sleep is usually the longest, about 4+ hours. Then she's up every three hours until she's up for the day between 7:30-8. Occasionally she will revert back to being up every two hours (like when we recently went through that growth spurt, another post for another day), which is charming, but we have the sleep routine down pretty well.
Except on daddy nights. Now, E and I have a compromise. While I am temporarily a SAHM (stay at home mom) I take most of the nights. E typically gets up with her on Wednesday and Friday nights. Once I return to gainful employment, we will go to every other night unless one of us is off work the next day or something.
Audrey has, on more than one occasion, slept through the night on "daddy nights." The most recent of which occurred yesterday. She slept from 9-5.
To make matters worse, she also only got up once for Gigi when she took over night duty last week.
Now, I know some of you are saying "Geesh, Big De, just sleep when the baby sleeps. Daddy and Gigi don't have that luxury." You're right. BUT get this. I offer you proof that she might not be the product of asexual reproduction: The girl does not like to nap.
Seriously, a child of mine, a GIRL child of mine, does not like naps.
Ok, she will take them, when we're out and about. Seriously, she slept in a loud restaurant during lunch today. But as soon as we get home she is wide awake and looking to hang with mama.
I think it's because she secretly likes me better. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I pour yet another cup of coffee.
Hate to burst your bubble but colic doesn't usually start before they're three months old. Been there done that, but only one time. Still remember it! (I love being a grandmother!)
ReplyDelete