Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10 months

Oy. You know how you have these plans to write and then life gets in the way? Yeah. That.

So A turned 10 months on Saturday. I was going to write this on Saturday but she got a stomach bug on Friday night and was so gracious in sharing that bug with E and myself on Monday.

:::note to self: tell child that sharing does not include infectious diseases:::

So here's our monthly check list:

Most babies can do:
Wave goodbye: Not really. Must wave at A more often.
Pick things up with pincer grasp: Yes. We can even feed our self! (when we're not on pedialyte)
Crawls well: Yes.

Half of all babies can do:
Say "mama" and "dada" to the correct parent: Sigh. Just when I think she's got it down. Just when she will look at me and say "mama".... the next day she says it to a paper towel.
Indicate wants with gestures: Kinda. She will go sit and cry by where the bottles are when she wants a bottle. She will also grab "her" blanket when she's sleepy.

A few babies can do:
Stand alone for a couple of seconds: Occasionally.
Puts objects in a container: Not sure! We'll have to work on that this afternoon.

There you have it, further proof of my awesome parenting skillz.

I hope the pox has been lifted from our house and I can resume blogging regularly.

2 comments:

  1. She is way too occupied concentrating on higher and greater things than to expend energy on the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she says "I don't wave at people, people wave at me."

    ReplyDelete