Friday, October 15, 2010

The best laid plans...

This is my last full week at home before I got back to work. It was SUPPOSED to be special, full of cooking and lots of fun stuff for A.

But someone decided to get a stomach virus. That was shared with the rest of the family. And then morphed into something we're not entirely sure what it is at this time.

Here's what was planned this week, and what actually happened:

Monday:
What was planned: Grocery buying. I was planning on making those non-quick fix meals that will now be relegated to weekends only.
What happened: E and I were both sick, along with A. We took A to the pediatrician, slept, and generally felt like crap all day.

Tuesday:
What was planned: Taking A to the "mommy mingle" at the local children's museum.
What happened: E went back to work. I felt like crap all day. A and I managed to scrape ourselves together long enough to get a Sprite from the McD's at the front of the neighborhood.

Wednesday:
What was planned: Playdate at the park.
What happened: I was feeling better. Spent most of the day playing phone tag with the nurse at the pedi's office. Went to CVS to buy OTC meds.

Thursday:
What was planned: Visiting daycares, Round 1
What happened: Cleaned the house thanks to SOMEONE (no names) forgetting that his friends were coming over. Went nowhere.

Friday:
What's planned: Visiting daycares, Round 2, clothes shopping for me
What's happened: Visiting daycares, round 1. Yeah, that's it.

Well, I'm off to go get groceries and pick up A's shot records!

No comments:

Post a Comment