Since I shared with you what I did all day when I stayed home, I figured I'd share what I do all day now that I work. Only this time, there's no pictures, sorry. But if you close your eyes, you can imagine it, behind your eyes.
6:05- Wakeup! Monday morning. S has spent the weekend with us so I get up a tad early.
6:05-6:25- Get myself dressed. On a good day, A is sleeping so I don't have to combine getting dressed with keeping her out of the cabinets in the bathroom.
6:25- S wakeup. He gets himself ready and usually gets up the first time I call him.
6:30- A wakeup, if she's not awake already.
6:30-6:45: Dress A, comb her hair, shoes and socks. Also, grab S a snack, heat up leftover coffee, and throw a granola bar in my bag for breakfast.
6:45- Out the door!
6:50- Drop off A at daycare. Sometimes she cries, sometimes she doesn't.
6:50-7:30: Drive S to school.
7:30- Drop off S at school.
7:30~8 or 8:30: Drive to work. Wonder why traffic is light today. Realize that some people have today off. Feel sad.
8:00-8:30: Arrive at work
8:00-4:00+: Work. I usually start my day in the office, reading e-mails, chatting with my fellow co-workers, updating my files based on admits/discharges. The afternoon is usually spend in the community seeing clients. I try to work through lunch so I can leave at 4.
4:15- Dr's appointment. Crap. I have the pink eye. In both eyes.
4:30- Begin the texting debate with E re: who will be near daycare first. Decide he will be based on back-up at Dr's office.
5:00- Well, there was a wreck on the interstate so I guess that means I'm doing pick up.
5:05- Pick up A. She had a good day!
5:15- Arrive home.
5:15-5:40: Fix dinner while feeding the girl. Tonight's menu: Roasted fish with tomato-olive tapanade for the grown-ups and Chicken and Pasta pinwheels with little green peas for the little one.
5:40-6:15: Grown up dinner. We usually let A have a bit of our dinner provided it's not a) raw fish or b) spicy. Tonight's is neither. She likes the fish, not so much on the olives or tomatoes.
6:15-6:25: E gives A her bath. I clean up the kitchen and get the dishwasher loaded.
6:25-6:40: I put A in her pajamas, give her some medicine, and a bottle of milk*
6:40-7:00: E puts A to bed. I sit down for what feels like the first time in hours and realize that I've been wearing high heels for almost 13 hours now. Remedy that problem.
7:00- Run to the pharmacy and get my prescription for pink eye. Have to explain that yes, I have 2 last names, no it's not all that uncommon. Thankful for drive thru, am totally barefoot in the car.
7:15- Return home. Get into pj's, watch SNL special with E while having a glass of wine.
10:00- Decide it is time for bed. Start dishwasher, take shower, brush teeth, pick out clothes for tomorrow.
10:15- A little light reading.
10:30- Lights out, monitor on! Good night!
*Yes, my 14 month old still takes bottles. Deal with it.
Man, I'm tired after reading that! You had a busy day, girl! Sorry about your pink eye. :(
ReplyDeleteWhy do you cook dinner in high heels? First order of business, change into comfy clothes and comfy shoes (or barefoot) before starting dinner.
ReplyDeleteMakes me tired, too. It's ok for little one to still have a bottle. That's her "comfort food". BTW, are you wearing pearls with those heels, Mrs. Cleaver?
ReplyDelete