Sunday, February 6, 2011

The One Where I Whine About my "Problems"

Specifically, my PO(s)A (property owner's association).

I know, it's embarrassing. I should be ashamed of myself. Wars, famine, starving children, and I'm bitching about the fact that my gated community is making it impossible for me to get in without going through the visitors lane.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's move on.

In the beginning, it was easy to get into my gated community. You could go in the visitors lane, there was a lane for if you had a Toll Road Pass (known as a Tex Tag or EZ Tag), or you could get a free sticker and go in the "property owners" lane. They were free, you could get as many as you wanted and were free to distribute them accordingly. I had one, E had one, my parents had one. Good times.

Then it all changed. Allegedly, in November, we received notice that we would now have to register our toll tag if we wanted to use our "residents only" lane. Now, we did not receive such a notice. And they only sent one.

So we find this out the hard way (via our security guards). No problem, we also registered our toll tag when we got our stickers when we moved into the hood.

Only it is a problem. They didn't transfer any of the numbers when they moved to this new system. So we fill out a form providing them with the numbers on our toll tags. Now, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Only it is still a problem. See, out here we have two different types of toll tags. We have the EZ Tag, which only works in our metro area, and then the Tex Tag, which works all over Texas. Our neighborhood only recognizes the EZ Tag, we have the Tex Tag. But never fear, the lady informs us, we can buy a 'hood Tag for $15.

Um, no. Not only no, but hell no.

So we're stuck in the third lane. The roll-down-your-windows and them them that yes, you do live here, however you are a cheap ass and refuse to get an EZ tag (point to Tex tag) and also refuse to pay $15 for a 'hood tag.

I'm so going to the next meeting a raising hell. I may even post this blog on all stop signs in the neighborhood.

Power to the people!

No comments:

Post a Comment