Well, I think it's time for a little check-up. Here's how I'm doing so far:
1. Spend an hour every weekend doing something just for me, sans kidlets
I've been doing pretty well with this one. I've had one girls night out (thanks Trish!), one date night (thanks Gigi), and one week where I laid in bed and read for an hour while everyone thought I was still sleeping. Nothing so far this weekend but we'll see.
2. Season up my cast iron skillet.
Nope. Still sitting in the bottom of the pots and pans cabinet.
3. Fry a chicken.
Please see above answer. But I did ask my mom for her fried chicken recipe.
4. Make homemade cornbread.
Again, no.
5. Actually eat leftovers.
This has also been a huge success! Every Friday has become leftover night and we also eat them for lunches on Saturday and Sunday.
6. Bake more.
Not yet. I asked S if he would like me to bake something for his birthday next week and he said, "Yeah, ice cream."
7. Blog more.
Seven posts in January. Not great but not too shabby either.
8. Stop procrastinating on my paperwork at work.
Um FAIL. All notes are due Tuesday, which means I have 13(!!!) left to complete on Monday.
9. Try Natural Laundry Soap again.
Nope. And I just bought a big thing of Downy at the store today.
10. Get and keep my pantry organized.
Again, no.
11. Redecorate my half bath.
Um, oh look over there! Something shiny!
All in all, not too bad for the end of January.
Now if I can only get my Christmas tree down....
No comments:
Post a Comment