Saturday, January 1, 2011

High Hopes

It's 2011 AND it's my 100th post!

So in honor of it being the new year and people making all kinds of resolutions, I'm going to make goals that I would like to achieve this year. It will be a semi-irregular feature of this blog to update you with the achievement (or not) of these goals. If/when I meet one, I will take pictures and blog about it.

I was going to do something cute like 2011 things but holy-crap-do-you-know-how-many-things-that-is. So I've stuck with 11.

11 in 2011:
1. Spend an hour every weekend doing something just for me, sans kidlets. Even if it's going to the park and reading a book.
2. Season up my cast iron skillet so that I can accomplish:
3. Fry a chicken, and
4. Make homemade cornbread
5. Actually eat leftovers, instead of just planning to eat them.
6. Bake more (like bi-monthly)
7. Blog more (like once a week)
8. Stop procrastinating on my paperwork at work (haha)
9. Try natural laundry soap again.
10. Get and keep my pantry organized
11. Redecorate my half-bath. I figure if I can tackle that small space, I can handle the bigger ones.

I'll be checking up periodically on what has and has not been accomplished. Those one time/few times things (redecorating, baking, etc) will be photographed and blogged for posterity's sake.

Feel free to add your own!

PS- Christmas post coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have made homemade cornbread 3 times now. I basically use the recipe on the back of the corn meal bag, but I use Stevia and Splenda (Stevia because it's more natural, Splenda to cover the somewhat bitter Stevia....comes out well), egg white only, 1% milk and 2 cap fulls of vanilla extract. The last 2 times I added somewhat thawed frozen corn, and it is even better. I also sprinkle in some ground flaxseed for omega-3 fats, since that is something I miss by not eating fish. I just add a tad more vanilla or egg white to keep it from getting dry. The butter I used was some form of Smart Balance Light that is vegan (all plant oils....no dairy or fish oil). I love to bake :-)

    ReplyDelete