My hair is falling out.
I always heard that pregnancy would give you a full head of lush, luxurious locks (see, alliteration?) and that having a baby would make it all fall out again.
My hair never really did change when I was pregnant.* Nor did it get all dull and icky and fall out in huge clumps after I had A (well, more dull and icky than it normally is).
Until recently.
I'm about to confess something that may make you want to run screaming from this blog only to never return: I only wash my hair every 3 days. For example: I washed it Sunday night and the next time I wash it will be Wednesday night.
Gross? Maybe. But my hair tends to be on the dry side so washing it everyday or even every other day tends to make it more dry.
Anyways, every time I wash my hair I notice that afterwards when I'm combing it with my wide-tooth comb (to prevent breakage, duh) there's a crap-ton of hair in the sink when I'm done. Like so much that I worry about it going down the drain and not having any liquid plumr around to dislodge the clog.
I even tried to snap a pic of the whole thing but I couldn't get the lighting quite right to show the true horror of the situation. And I didn't want to gross you out. You're welcome.
*Yeah, never got the thicker longer fingernails either. Thanks Old Wives, for giving me false hope.
I don't wash my hair every night for the same reason....it's actually healthier, since it lets the natural oils moisturize the hair and protect it. My hair also seems to fall out more these days....my brush gets full way before it used to, and when I comb my hair after washing it (also using a wide-toothed comb), the comb is full of hair. I stopped highlighting my hair to keep it from being any more damaged, but it is still doing this. I don't know what is up w/ that, because all my hormone levels are normal etc.
ReplyDelete