I don't know how it gets there. A sure doesn't know, neither does S. E claims to not know, but I have my suspicions.
I do the laundry in my house. E and S help (A, sadly, does not have the motor skillz yet. But she is good at closing the dryer door.) but it's me doing the heavy work.
But, inevitably, a few days after the laundry is complete, it will appear again.
The Blob.
:::cue horror music:::
On top of the dryer.
:::more horror music:::
A pile of black dress socks. Male dress socks. Of indeterminate number.
:::horror music comes to a swell:::
Let's do a bit of detective work, shall we? A and S only wear white socks. Well, when S plays ball he wears red socks but that's because that's the name of his team, duh. I also only wear white socks. And lest you think I wear white socks with dress shoes, I will add that I don't wear socks with my heels. Or flats.
Which only leaves one culprit.
Let's watch the interrogation, shall we?
:::dramatization:::
D: Vile man, why are thou socks on mine dryer?
E: Wha?
D: You fool! From whence comest these socks of thine? Art they clean or art they dirty? Show yourself!
E: Um, I don't know?
D: Nave! Thou art a scourge upon the earth! Depart from mine sight you foul beast!
And scene.
So back into the dirty clothes hamper they go to be washed and dried and placed in a pile to be put away. Until next time...
I like that your interrogation tactics involve Elizabethan English. :-P Next time work in the insult of "dilatory botch" or some sort of hedgepig comment....or maybe a "GO TO! GET THEE TO A HAMPER!" Shakespeare would be proud.
ReplyDelete