No, I'm not admitting to a torrid affair (however, Mr. Clooney, I'm free when you're free, k?).
As I had talked about earlier, E has finished his last class to complete his MBA. And it was a total b!tch. I'm talking about his nightly routine would consist of this: come home, spend time with kids while I made dinner, eat dinner, go upstairs and do homework, come downstairs, go to bed. Weekends were a similar story. Which meant that the tag-team approach to parenting I had previously enjoyed was, to coin a phrase, shot to sh!t.
I had to do it all. The majority of the time.
I would love to tell you that I took on the yoke of burden for my family with a stiff upper lip, silently toiling away, knowing that my sweet husband was working just as hard upstairs in our make-shift office.
I would be lying. But you knew that didn't you?
Oh no, there were fights. Many. Centered around the same theme: "I'm tired of doing it all by myself. To hell with your school, spend time with your kids while I go drink in a dark quiet bar somewhere."
But, once I came to terms with this temporary arrangement, I developed something. A stronger bond with my daughter. Somewhere between the dinners thrown on the floor, the poopy diapers, the nights of not falling asleep for hours, a deeper bond has formed.
We're back to normal now. School's out forever, tag-team parenting is back in.
But that bond remains. And for that, I am grateful.
since it was so good.. i'm going to take the evenings off and disappear upstairs for some nightly brew tasting time... while you continue to bond with your daughter LOL
ReplyDelete