Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hi, I'm Back and she's 17 months

Sorry about the extended absence. E was finishing school and I didn't even have the energy to sort the clean laundry, much less blog, and, well, has it been a rough spring for anyone else? For me I mean rough emotionally and in my personal life.

Anyways, E has finished his MBA (yay!), S is finishing up baseball and the 2nd grade, A is now 17 months, and I'm plugging right along in my job. And I finally sorted the clean laundry. Well, some of it.

Let's start with an easy post, shall we? Let's see where A is developmentally.

Most kids can do:
Use 6 words regularly: mama, dada, night night, bye bye, ball, book. Yeah we got it. ***edit: AND GIGI! SHE SAYS THE MOST IMPORTANT AND ONLY WORD SHE EVER NEED KNOW, GIGI**** (happy now mom?)
Enjoys pretend games: Um, um, she likes peek-a-boo. Does that count?
Likes riding toys: The pink pony is a big hit.

Half of kids can do:
Feeds doll: We don't have dolls. We have gender neutral toys. Pink pony aside, lol.
Speaks more clearly: Yes. Most of the time.
Throws a ball underhand: Oh yeah.

A few kids can do:
Dances to music: Please. We've been dancing since before she turned 1. For realz.
Sorts toys by color, size, or shape: Color. She prefers by color.
Kicks ball forward: Sometimes. Not sure if it's a happy accident or on purpose.

Well, I hope to be back more frequently. And with some pics. Gotta show off my new designer glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment