Now I use it to warn others.
I woke up with A one Saturday AM, early. And I decided to make sweet tea. I put the saucepan on the gas burner, added water and sugar and turned it on. I also opened 2 family sized tea bags (hehe) and got my pitcher ready.
And then I walked away.
Sometime a little later, A was making the hungry signs and Saturday being our donut/kolache day, I woke up E and asked him if he wanted to go with. He did.
On our way back, we got a call from our alarm system. The fire alarm had gone off.
Yeah. For realz.
If you want to learn how to make your own, sweet tea, here's the recipe I use:
Big De's Burnin Down the House Sweet Tea
2 quarts water
2 family sized tea bags (snicker)
1/2c sugar
Bring 1 quart of water along with the sugar to a boil (don't forget its on the stove!)
Once boiling, turn off heat and steep tea for 5-7 minutes
Remove the tea bags (haha) and add tea/sugar/water mixture to pitcher
Add 1 quart water to the pitcher
Refrigerate until ready to serve

somehow she managed to leave out the fact that a firetruck showed up at our house with firemen in full regalia.
ReplyDelete