Thursday, August 25, 2011

20 months

Yeah, we're 20 months. I'm starting to panic thinking that in 4 short months I'll be a mother of a 2 year old.

:::insert horror film music here:::

Here's a look at her skillz!

Most kids can do:
Feeds doll: You know, if we were the kind of parents who had dolls around the house, I'll bet she would feed them. But she does feed mama at the table sometimes.
Takes off own clothes: Not successfully but she's a good helper.
Dumps object in imitation (like throwing away garbage): Like I said, she's a good helper.

Half of all kids can do:
Learns words at a rate of 10 or more a day: Sure. Her new favorite word is "hot." Yeah, baby, welcome to summer in the Incorporated Swamp.
Can walk up stairs: Yes, and down them. Which worries me, given my skill in this area (read: none).

A few kids can do:
May start exploring genitals: Yeah, not answering that question here. Thanks though.
Draws a straight line: HA! I can't even do that. Nice try, baby center.
Names several body parts: All of the ones in "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", plus her belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment