Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 Goals

A long time friend of mine (we went to high school together!) always says she doesn't like the term "resolutions" because they are made to be broken. So she would always call them New Years Goals because a goal is something you work towards.

In that light, I'm doing my New Years Goals a bit different this year. I'm not going to resolve to lose 20lbs (but I should), I'm not going to quit drinking or swearing or saying sarcastic things out of turn. Since I love to cook/bake I'm going to make kitchen goals. Special dishes I'd like to learn to make, challenges, equipment I'd like to buy, etc.

2013 Kitchen Goals
1. Make my own sourdough starter
2. Bake my own bread
3. Bake a souffle
4. Expand my Fiestaware collection
5. Try my hand at grilling
6. Bake and decorate a cake (no mixes!)
7. Take some of our fat filled favorite dinners and make them healthier. Don't sacrifice on taste.
8. Try a farm share again this summer
9. Pie crust
10. Try not to kill my herb garden

BONUS GOAL:
1. Take a Wilton Cake Decorating Class

No comments:

Post a Comment