Monday, January 14, 2013

Time

I've been wanting to write about how fast time seems to move these days. But each time I try to explain it, the words seem cliched. And while I love a good cliche as much as the next girl (see what I did there?), I certainly wouldn't want to read a whole post full of them, ya know?

Back in November, the tree in our neighbors backyard exploded with these beautiful green/gold/yellow leaves. Like harvest gold of the 70's only better. And because in the burbs we basically have a front row seat to the house behind us and their back yard/back windows (yay?) I could see it every time I looked out the living room windows. I though about taking a picture, posting it here, expressing the beauty that is fall in Texas. But it seemed like the next time I looked, they were gone and the tree was bare for another season.

Raising children is like that. Each phase is a beautiful mish-mash of looks and phrases and mannerisms. You see them everyday and you feel like they're going to be this cute/adorable/precious forever. But then you close your eyes and when you open them he's grown into those ears, she's no longer wanting to smell your coffee, and words like lipchap and turtle cat become chapstick and purple cat.

It's heartbreaking and exciting all at the same time because you know those days are gone but in their place is something different and just as beautiful.

I think is one of the reasons why people have more than 1 child.*



*Not pregnant, not trying, if you're looking for that look elsewhere.

1 comment: