Thursday, December 9, 2010

1 year old letter

"How do you measure, measure a year?......
How about love?
Seasons of love"

Dear A, my precious baby girl,

Oh my. I don't even want to write this letter. It seems a little premature. Can it really have been one full year since you were born? Time goes by too fast.

I've been thinking about the night that you were born. All these little things that I hope to remember but worry that I will forget.

Did you know your daddy got lost on the way to the birthing center? It's true. I told him in a completely normal and rational voice (haha) to pull over and let me drive but he declined. That's what he gets for only going to your ultrasounds.

But did you also know how awesome and supportive he was while I was in labor? And that he was your first human contact? Your daddy caught you when you were born (with the midwives help, of course).

We've had a heck of a ride, haven't we? Laughter, tears, good times, hard times. But through it all you've been this sweet little angel girl with the big smile, crazy hair, and HUGE personality.

I want to be mushy and go on and on and on about how much I love you, how I live for your smile, how I melt when you laugh. How your developing relationship with your brother makes me the happiest stepmama/mama in the world. I want to tell you how I just want to freeze time right here, right now.

I wanted to thank you for giving me a full year of real life. Life is not always organized, color coded, perfection (as much as you know I would want it to be). Real life is going to work only to discover snot on your shirt. Real life is not getting a shower every day. Real life is saying "well, I got the dishwasher unloaded today, I was productive."

You, my little girl, are amazing, wonderful, beautiful, and smart.

I love you, to the moon and back. And I'm so glad I had you.

Love Forever and Always,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment