Thursday, July 14, 2011

19 months

And you thought I had forgotten!

At her last month checkup she weighed 23lbs and was 32 inches tall which officially makes her half as tall as me. If you need me, I'll be weeping in a corner.

Let's check in on our milestones:

Most kids can do:
Use a spoon and fork: Oh. Um, we were supposed to have already done this? Crap.
Throws a ball underhand: Yeah. She's just waiting for S's All Star team to ask her to fill in.
Enjoys helping around the house: Laundry, and "wiping" down the furniture.

Half of all kids can do:
Understand as many as 200 words: Sure. I'm not about to count here.
Recognizes when something is wrong (calling a dog a cat): Huh? Again, we were supposed to have already done this?

A few kids can do:
Washes and dries own hands with help: She has MASTERED this skill. She borders on OCD.
Points to object when you call it by name: Puhlease, she'll go get it.
Knows when she needs to pee: No. We're not ready for potty training/learning. Me or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment