Saturday, October 22, 2011

Don't you wish your mama was hot like me?

I am trying to be cuter. Really. After almost 2 years of wearing sweat pants on the weekends, and the same 4-5 t-shirts in heavy rotation, not to mention I'm still wearing a pair of maternity pants to work on the regular, I figured it was time for a change.

And in typical me fashion, I hemmed and hawed over the change for a few months before actually making it. I polled Twitter, I talked to my mommy gang, I perused Pinterest. Then, last Thursday, I bit the bullet.

I finally bought a pair of skinny jeans. And flat brown riding boots. And I wore them in public this Friday. Not just public, but work public. Here are the results along with how you can look as cute as me (Please excuse the Crackberry pic. One day I will make E take the telephoto lens off the good camera.)

Shirt, pants: Old Navy (I have a mayjah long term love affair with Old Navy jeans)
Boots: Unity by Carlos Santana, bought at Famous Footwear
Necklace: Target

Now, do you think a maxi-skirt would make me look too much like a stereotypical social worker?

5 comments:

  1. Totally digging the jeans and boots! I would love to get a closer look at the boots because I've been coveting a good pair for a while!

    And I'm all for maxi skirts. Comfy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute!! I was super hesitant about the skinny jeans & boots combo last year, but I went for it. Now, I just need a pair of brown boots to go along with my black ones. :) Careful...it's addicting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and ask her what she wore to work today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. MATERNITY PANTS! No shame in my game here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have written this post myself! I too debated over skinny jeans and went with Old Navy. Love them! Wish I could find boots like that to fit over my ginormous calves. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete