Monday, October 24, 2011

Vegetarian Monday, on Sunday

Sans photo. Sorry. I thought about it as I was halfway through the meal and who wants to see a photo of half-eaten food?*

So this week I wanted to use my crock-pot. I know they're not for everyone but I love them and in the fall/winter I use it at least 2-3 times a month. So I browsed the CrockPot website and found this: Eggplant Bake It looked good, had a bunch of stuff in it I love (hello, eggplant and balsamic vinegar and tomatoes and Parmesan cheese), so I decided to make it for the whole family last night.

And it was a total dud. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Does anybody who has more culinary expertise than me** think of anything to add/take away that might make this edible?

Let's see what the fam had to say:

E: It's not my favorite, but the corn was good***
S: Please don't make this again, no offense. But I agree with dad, the corn is good.
A: Didn't eat a bite of it. But she as well enjoyed the corn.

And there you have it. Last Sunday, not just the Cowboys fumbled****. So did dinner.

*Not me
** See also: most of the known world
*** Please note that the corn was previously frozen in a bag, microwaved, and served as a side
**** Yeah, I know they won but I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment