Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy 9 weeks to you...

So today I am officially nine weeks pg. Here's how the blessed little one likes to celebrate such a milestone:

- Making mother gag, but not throw up.
- Causing mother pain in the uteral area when she sneezes.
- Getting mother to pick fights with father (see, the baby's already coming between us!)

I had my eight week appointment at the midwife's office on Tuesday. After a complete medical history (and I mean complete) we tried to hear the heartbeat but no such luck. No worries, it's early, she said. Then she took a looky-feely at my lady parts. Apparently I have an "excellent birthing pelvis," which I'm pretty sure is midwife-speak for "Dear God woman, you could drive a Mac Truck through that thing." Then the vampires proceeded to take not 1 but 5 vials of blood from my arm. Which made me almost pass out. I will head back in about four weeks where we should be able to hear the heartbeat!

So far I've only gained 2 pounds but I do have a nice little bloat going on that makes it look like I've gained more like 5 or 10. Fortunately I can still fit into my regular pants, although I will admit that I am sitting here with my pants unbuttoned as we speak, um, blog, um whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment