Today I am 13 weeks and 3 days. Which means, either way you slice it, I'm officially one-third done with pregnancy.
I'm learning that a lot of things aren't certain in pregnancy (kinda like life, but I digress). There's the whole "Are you pregnant for 9 months or is it more like 10 months?" debate. Then the whole "Does the first trimester start at 12 weeks or at 13 weeks, three days (which is what you get when you divide 3 into 40)?"
And don't get me started with the whole diet thing. If one more person cautions me against lunch meat, I may just throw things. Yes, I do know that lunch meat may contain bacteria that might be harmful to little Fetus but my midwife said it's fine. In moderation. In fact, the only thing she said absolutely not to is alcohol. But if I wanted a very rare occasional glass of red wine that would be ok.
No wine for me. Not to sound like I need an intervention but I may not be able to stop at one glass every now and then. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump away from "Oh, a glass every night sounds delightful." Which only leads to babies with big foreheads.
So here's our decision on names. After weighing all the helpful suggestions we have decided that if the baby is a girl her name will be Embryo Placenta and if it's a boy, his name will be Cletus Fetus.
Don't you love them, they're so unique!
How come I wasn't involved in this decision????
ReplyDeleteI told you the names and you just looked at me. I took your silence to mean that you were in awe of the extra-special names I had chosen for our offspring.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the names. Even better than Kermit Kumquat. I think Episiotomy would be a good middle name for Embryo though. You get the whole alliteration thing going on and all.
ReplyDeleteI am very concerned about my grandchild. Not too sure about mom's sanity.
ReplyDelete