Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall Back

I've been having a difficult time with this whole time change.

On one hand, S has been easier to wake in the mornings when we have him. Mostly because it's light outside versus before the time change when he would wake up and almost get to school before the sun showed up.

On the other hand, I'm exhausted. I sit here at night thinking I should go to bed, it's really late. But then I look at the clock and it's all of 7:30. Or I hear S playing (educational) games on the computer and think "OMG he needs to be in bed!" But it's only 7.

I have my suspicions as to why I'm so tired, here they are:
1. I'm working outside the home, which means I've had to cut out my weekly nap.
2. I'm getting up earlier than when I stayed home.
3. A is going to sleep between 6-7 where as previously she had been going to sleep between 7-8. Not sure if this is also due to the time change or because she's only been napping once a day at daycare. So once she's down for about an hour or two, I'm thinking it's MY bedtime.
4. This crazy time change is screwing with my head.

I really hope that I can start to get a grip on things soon. These 9pm bedtimes are making for a pretty messy house.

1 comment: