So we have a guest list (us 4 and the grandparents), a dress, decorations that (mostly) match the dress.
We also have a food theme!
::::drum roll::::
Tapas!
Tapas is a Spanish word meaning "small bites" (I think. I may have made this up. Either way it sounds good, right?). I love appetizers and what better way to celebrate our "small bite" than by having "small bites."
So here's our tentative menu:
-Shrimp wrapped in prosciutto
- Crudites with Buffalo Chicken Dip (Crudites means "little pieces of veggies")
- Others TBD.
Beverages:
- Iced tea (flavored with fruit) or Non-alcoholic Sangria or Wassail
- Sangria for the alcoholics
And of course dessert:
-Smash cake for Audrey
-Ice Cream Cupcakes for the adults*
Now here's where you once again come in. I need more appetizers. How many more? I'm not sure. I'd like to err on the side of heavy because the party is from 4-6 so I want them to leave full but still able to grab a hamburger/pizza if necessary.
And the guests. My dad and stepmom will be in attendance. Therefore we need to have some more "traditional" food that they can enjoy. They don't really step outside their comfort zone like we do. Not that there's anything wrong with that. They also don't drink alcohol, which brings us to my last need...
What to serve the non-alcoholics. Typically when we have Christmas Breakfast (more on that later) we serve S (clearly under 21) sparkling cider mimosas while the rest of us have regular mimosas.** I was thinking of making 2 batches of the fruit mixture and simply adding sparkling cider to one and wine to the other. But then again I thought about making iced tea and flavoring it with the fruits. Or maybe going holiday with some wassail.
To sum up, you must answer me these questions three***
1. How many appetizers do I need for a party of 6 adults, 2 kids (one who can eat like an adult)
2. Which appetizers do you like or would you serve?
3. What beverages should I serve those who do not partake in the demon liquor, either by preference or age?
Thanks again for all your help!
*Audrey can have some ice cream cupcakes but I'd rather not use them for her go-crazy-have-all-you-want-cake due to the possibility of brain freeze.
** I may be joining S with the sparkling cider mimosas this year because I am on-call the week of Christmas. Bah Humbug.
***Name that movie
No comments:
Post a Comment