Saturday, November 6, 2010

We Did the Mash...

We did the monster mash.

Halloween at our house always starts with a pumpkin....

Please, don't zoom in on this picture. The pumpkin started to rot SUPER early and had completely gone bad by the time Halloween arrived (we carve the weekend that we have S before Halloween so that we can enjoy a family activity).

Then we add decorations.
You can't see it, but the white lights are also little skeletons. I really wish we had gotten a pic of the front door with the lights on. That's what I get for letting E take pictures.

Then, we go Trick-or-Treating. It was A's first year!
S was a football player. No, there's not a big black dot on the back of his uniform, that's his last name and I don't want all you bishes stalking me. So I censored.

A was, as has been previously decided, a pumpkin.
So happy. The weather was cool enough so that she just wore a sleevless onesie under her costume.

A and I walked along with the fam, while S went to the door alone. I figured A didn't need candy and I sure as heck didn't need candy, so we hung back. Although some of our neighbors were generous enough to give her some candy too.
Yes, I know, I look a hot mess. I had just gotten pink eye which explains the glasses. The only thing that can explain the pants and shirt is baby weight.
There he goes....

He's gettin too big. And no, he's not a hunchback, E just didn't see the need to tighten his shoulder pads.
After about an hour, we had gotten enough candy to go home. After all, it was a school night.
And here's our girl in full regalia. Isn't she just the cutest pumpkin you've ever seen?
Later that night, as I was putting her costume away, I saw that her outfit was actually 12-18 months, not 6-12 as I had originally thought. I just hope she fits into it next year!
So just to brag, here's our cost breakdown:
Costume: $4
Headband: $1
Bucket: $1
Total: $6
Number of uses: 3
Cost per use: $2

1 comment: