Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our last first holiday

Thanksgiving. This year we went to my parents house in East Texas. Have I mentioned they live on a working cattle ranch?

My stepdad's parents were also there to enjoy the holiday.

The cows were happy, they knew they were safe for the day.

The rosemary, however, that was another story.

As was this free-range heritage breed turkey. Yeah, my mom is as crunchy as I am.

Here it is cooked. I have no idea where that hole in the turkey came from. Not a clue.


Audrey was ready to eat. I was looking forward to sharing with her all my favorite Thanksgiving day fare. But wait! She's not in her Turkey day dress!


Yes, we eat at the table but we schedule the meal around the Cowboys. This year they played late-ish so we ate around 2 or so.

There's my girl in her dress. How cute is she?


Oh my, I almost can't handle the cute-ness.

Just one more picture, for good measure.


I meant to take a picture of the spread before it was eaten but my hunger got the better of me.
Here's what we ate:
Turkey, ham, green beans, dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole (my speciality), corn casserole, yeast rolls, and sweet tea. Pumpkin pie and pecan pie for dessert.
A good time was had by all. A loved all things thanksgiving food related.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with good food and great times with the people YOU call family, whether they are related by birth, marriage, or friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment