Sunday, November 13, 2011

23 Months

Which means she's almost 2! I know I say this every month but I can't believe it!!! I'm having a harder time with her turning 2 than I was when she turned 1. One was sad because it meant that she was no longer a baby but at the same time it was an accomplishment because it meant we had survived the first year of her life. Intact. Two just means she's getting older and bigger.

Most kids can do:
Name a simple picture in a book: Yes. Which, btw, is a totally awesome way to get out of having to read Goodnight Moon for the 10 millionth time in a row. I just turn the pages and she tells me what's on the page.*
Uses 50 to 70 words: Well, I haven't counted but if I were to guesstimate, I'd say she says a crap-ton of words.

Half of all kids can do:
Open doors: No, but not for a lack of trying. I dread this day because it means we'll have to get those doorknob safety thingees that are really only parent-proof.
Sings simple tunes: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is TOTES our jam.
Takes an interest in playing with other kids: She and I played with a new friend in the park near our house last week.

A few kids can do:
Talks about self: Uh? No? What does this even mean?
Asks "why?": DEAR GOD NO! NO NO NO NO NO

No comments:

Post a Comment