Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Rave Review

I don't blog about our marriage a lot. Truth be told, it's so typical, it's almost boring. We have a great marriage most of the time, an ok marriage some of the time, and there are those days where we can't wait for the other person to fall asleep so we can stab them.*

And then there are moments like today.

E took S to practice this evening. Here's an e-mail exchange we had:

E: Team party Sunday @3pm at the football fields.

Me: Dammit. They need to give us advance notice. Am I the only one that meal plans?**

E: Well, there's NO DOUBT I married the best of the bunch.

And just like that, I remember why I married him in the first place.

*I very rarely feel homicidal towards him. So if Law and Order comes around asking you about this blog, please remind them of this footnote.
**I'm not normally so irrational (that's a lie) but I had plans to cook a big ol' pot o beans on the stove which I was very much looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment