Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vegetarian Monday, on a Thursday

I think I should stop calling it Vegetarian Monday, considering in the past 3 weeks it's only been on a Monday once.

Anyways, on Thursday I made this delicious pasta. I can't find the recipe on the internet after less than 5 minutes of google searching so I gave up but it's hella easy to remember so I'll put the recipe in this post. Just remember that I didn't come up with it, k?

That Pasta with Beans and Tomatoes
1/4c olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
8oz bowtie pasta
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (I used cannellini)
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes

Pour the olive oil into a bowl, add the smashed garlic cloves and let it sit. Cook the pasta according to directions. Add the pasta, beans, and tomatoes (juice and all) to a serving bowl and toss. Pour 2tbsp of the garlic olive oil on the pasta and toss again. Serve warm.

Ok, I liked this recipe but it didn't seem like enough food for myself, E, and A. So I added 2 zucchini, and a pound of sliced baby bella mushrooms that I sauteed in olive oil. I also threw in some Parmesan cheese and dried basil on top. E added sour cream to his.* I also substituted rotini for bowtie pasta because I like to buy the whole wheat pasta and there was no whole wheat bowtie at the store.

I also served it with a side of warm sourdough bread. Yum.


Isn't that so pretty and colorful? Serving bowl I bought on sale at Target over a year ago. I liked it so much I bought 2.

Here's everyone reactions:
A: she ate all the pasta, some of the beans and mushrooms, and very little of the tomatoes and zucchini.
E: He said it was good but he felt like it needed something extra but he couldn't say what.
Me: I loved it. It was so good. I even ate some of it the next night for leftovers.

Thanks for checking in! I have no idea what I'm cooking next week so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment