Monday, January 16, 2012

Vegetarian Monday, a few weeks ago

Behold. The only vegetarian dinner I made over the holidays.



The only alterations I used were that I substituted Vegetable oil for canola oil (because it was what I had), brown rice for white rice (because it's healthier), and I used regular cheddar cheese instead of a cheddar jack (because it's what I had).

Andplusalso, since it irritates me when recipes ask you to use measurements for produce I used 2 small zucchini and 1 small bell pepper.

It took a little longer than 7 minutes to cook the rice. I'd say maybe 15 minutes or so.

Here's the verdict:
E- It's been so long that he honestly can't remember if he liked it or not. But it's in the recipe book so I'm assuming he at least tolerated the meal.
Me- I liked it. I liked it so much it earned a spot in my recipe book.
A- You know, she ate the beans and the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment