Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Adventures in Tofu

Yeah, we went there. We came, we tried, we ate. And we had mixed results.

E was the first one to attempt it. He made a Lemon Baked Tofu Recipe which was really good. He used extra-firm tofu. E, S and I all liked it. We tried to tell A it was "chicken" but she didn't believe us. Silly girl. He paired it with a Double Corn Casserole which was ah-mazing. Seriously, drop everything and make it tonight.

I'm sure he made substitutions to these as that's typically his thing but since he refuses to write a guest post for me, I'll just tell you to make them as, is.

Then last week, I made Buffalo Tofu Bites. We LOVE Buffalo anything in our house (sandwiches, tacos, wings, mac n cheese, dip) so I was hoping this would carry on the good tradition of delicious buffalo recipes in our house. I did have to make substitutions as I didn't have as much panko as I thought I did so it ended up being about 75% panko and 25% dried bread crumbs. For this recipe I used a meduim-hard tofu as that was all I could find at the grocery store.

E loved it, S was at his moms, it was a little too spicy for A so she had chicken nuggets. I didn't really like the texture of the medium-hard tofu. I'm willing to try it again but I'll definitely use the extra-firm this time. Oh, and I paired it with sweet potato fries, which were delicious.

So there you have it, our first tofu attempts!

No comments:

Post a Comment