Monday, January 2, 2012

Review of 11 in 2011

Back at the beginning of 2011, I made a list of 11 things I was hoping to accomplish in 2011. Let's see how I did!

1. Spend an hour every weekend doing something just for me: This has been the easiest one to accomplish, surprisingly. It helped that back in March my job had me start working part-time so I tend to take Thursdays to run errands and have me-time by sending A to daycare for a few hours a day.

2. Season my cast iron skillet: Done. I'm mostly upset that it took me so damn long to do it because I LOVE it! For those of you afraid of the cast iron, fear not. For behold, I bring you good tidings of great food which shall be for your people.

3. Fry up a chicken: I did once and my mom did most of the work. So I'm calling this a check-ish.

4. Make homemade cornbread: Yes, but not in the skillet. So once again, check-ish.

5. Actually eat leftovers, not just plan to: I think we're better than we were last year but I'd like to see continued improvement on this.

6. Bake more (like 6 times a year): Done. And it really improved morale when I made Christmas cookies this year.

7. Blog more (like once a week): I blogged 52 times last year which roughly evens out to once a week. Semi-check.

8. Stop procrastinating on paperwork at work: I actually succeeded in this! Of course it helped that work started requiring us to turn in paperwork 3x's a week.

9. Try natural laundry soap again: No. But now that S has apparently had a reaction to the dyes in his clothes (looks like contact dermatitis) I'm a little more determined to try it again.

10. Get and keep my pantry organized: Haven't even gotten close to this. Not even on my radar unless I'm looking for a spice I don't use often (I'm looking at you, turmeric)

11. Redecorate my half bath: Nope. Not even planning at this moment. Sigh.

Well, there's what happened last year, stay tuned for my 12 in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment