Monday, February 13, 2012

More Vegetarian Meals

So I've decided that since I blog infrequently, that I'll combine a few Vegetarian Mondays into one post. This one will cover last week and this week.

Last Monday we had Pasta with 4 cheese and tomato. I used canned tomato rather than fresh because no matter how late I buy my tomatoes they all seem to go bad before I can use them. The exception being cherry tomatoes. Anyone know how to keep a tomato from going bad so quickly? I also used Penne as my local grocery store didn't have orecchiette (which, BTW, is the shell shaped pasta).

I really wish I had taken a picture of it in the cast-iron skillet because it was pretty. The Parmesan was all browned and bubble but I forgot. So it looks liked that on my plate.

Everyone loved it. I was a little worried while making it, thinking "this is either going to be good or it's going to suck." I was pleasantly surprised. It was kinda like a fancy macaroni and cheese.




This is what we had this week. This is not a new recipe for us it's one I've been making for a couple of years. This is (uncooked) Tofu-less Tofu and Black Bean Enchiladas. See, I'm on call this week and I like to have a make-ahead dish that E can throw in the oven in case I'm working late. Most of the time, this means Enchiladas (I also have a super good, super easy Chicken enchilada recipe, too but it's not vegetarian). So I took a picture when I assembled it on Sunday just in case I wasn't home on Monday to take a picture of it cooked.

I altered the recipe. Instead of tofu, I used 2 cans of black beans. I was also almost out of salsa (not sure how that happened) so I used what I had and then added more hot sauce.

This is a sure-fire easy recipe that everyone loves. I've seen a recipe for make your own enchilada sauce which I'm dying to try. Maybe next time I make this I'll try that, too.

PS- Why yes, that is a Fiestaware casserole dish, thanks for asking.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment