Friday, September 10, 2010

9 months

As of Sunday, I will have had an outside baby as long as I had an inside baby. It seems like I was pregnant a lot longer than she's been around.

Her stats: 18lbs (up only 1lb from 6 months) and 28 inches long. She's in the 75% for height!

Most babies can do:
Stand while holding onto something- Yes, sometimes with only one hand.
Jabbers or combines syllables- Yes, she and I have many conversations this way.
Understands object permanence- Old news. Yawn.

Half of babies can do:
Cruise while holding onto furniture- Yes.
Drink from a sippy cup- Eh, kinda. I need to get better with giving her a sippy more often.
Eats with fingers- She can pick the food up and get it into her mouth but she won't let go!
Bangs objects together- Did that this morning while trying to fall asleep in pack-n-play for AM naptime.

A few babies can do:
Play patty-cake and peek-a-boo: She LOVES peek-a-boo. I'm not sure what you mean by "play" patty cake. I don't think she's mature enough for the hand motions.
Picks things up with the pincer grasp: Caught her picking up her blocks like that this morning.
Says "mama" and "dada" to correct parent: Sometimes? But I still don't think she gets it.

As a teaser, I'm working on a very exciting post where I answer the infernal SAHM question: "What do you do all day?" with words AND pictures. I hope to have it up this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. When Maddie (Kristina's daughter) was a baby and toddler, she called me "dada" for the longest time, which always confused me, since I look nothing like her 6'8" gotee-wearing father. Finally Kristina understood....I often was wearing a Seminole shirt, and Maddie was pointing to the emblem (not actually to me) when she was saying "dada." Her dad is a huge Seminole fan too, and is always wearing his hat w/ the logo on it. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does like patty-cake, remember she and I play it with her feet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby still doesnt play patty cake lol its not cause she is incapable but too busy to sit down long enough to learn.

    ReplyDelete