Picture it. Suburban Houston, recently. A husband and wife, spending time together after their adorable, yet precocious 9 month old has gone to bed. Let's see what they talk about:
E: Baby, I was thinking the other day, if you died, it would suck for a long while.
De: Oh yeah? (Clearly this means he thinks life would be a vapid wasteland of nothingness without me in it, kinda like an episode of The Hills.)
E: Think about it, I'd be raising 2 kids all by myself, with no break. Ever.
De: Oh really? (This is NOT the direction I was hoping the conversation would go in)
E: I mean, I'm sure your mom would come down and help but mostly, I'd be alone. And it would be really hard.
De: I see. (I see that all I am to you is some nanny. Like Fran Drescher, only without the big boobs and short skirts)
E: So, it's best if you stick around a while. Love you dear!
It's a wonder how I manage to stand it with all this lovey-dovey stuff going on around this house. It's amazing that I haven't thrown up in my mouth more.
How sweet.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure the conversation would go a similar route in my house.
Wrong backdrop... We were going down the feeder about to get on I-45 headed to S's FB game.... Rest of your account is pretty close though....
ReplyDelete