Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Things mothers do

or at least, things this mother has done to give her baby a good nap.

1. Let her nap on the couch rather than in the crib because that's where she fell asleep.
2. Opened a can of coke behind closed doors rather than risk waking said baby on the couch.
3. Eaten cheese and a hunk of bread for lunch rather than use microwave.
4. Opened aforementioned cheese in closet behind 3 closed doors.*
5. Driven around the neighborhood umpteen times because baby had fallen asleep in the car.
6. Sat in a parking lot with a magazine because of sleeping baby in car.
7. Let baby sleep on me rather than risk waking her by putting her in the crib.
8. The Pantley Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QRLWokqOc. I was home alone at the time. Everytime I read about this in the accompanying book, I would think of the 80's song "Safety Dance."
9. Kept nap logs to make sure she fell within "normal sleeping patterns."

What semi-embarassing things have you done to make sure your baby naps?


* This act, which occured this very afternoon, inspired this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment