Thursday, September 23, 2010

You're setting a bad example for the children

I had to go pick up a prescription today. (I'm not gonna tell you what for, that would violate HIPPA, duh!)

I keep saying I'm going to switch pharmacies. I think I need to just shut-up and do it. For several reasons.

1. A had a UTI and had an anti-biotic. It turned her poop red which new mommy interpreted as blood. Yeah, I went to the ER and they laughed at us and said it was a side effect of the medication. Which would have been nice to know.

2. They automatically sign you up for auto refill service. Which would be nice if they didn't cancel it if you fail to pick up within 48 hours. I'm sorry, my life doesn't revolve around trips to your store.

The final straw was today. I had to pick up a few things along with my Rx. Ok, Goldfish crackers and a Snickers bar. 200 calories worth of pizza doesn't last very long. So I make my way to the pharmacy and I notice a man putting things on the counter. Then he WALKS AWAY.

I don't know about where you come from but for me that means you forfeit your position in line.

So I'm waiting. And waiting. And the people behind the counter are looking busy (meaning one person is actually working, the rest are playing Farmville or something). So the woman finally addresses me. I give her my name (which confuses her for some reason*). She finally finds it, and just as she's about to ring me up, guess who shows up and TOTALLY CUTS THE LINE??

Yeah, our friend who walked away earlier.

And she just gives me this little smile and rings him up instead. And he didn't even have a prescription.

Normally I would have said something, loudly and slightly vulgar but I had just dealt with Target, which is becoming more like Wal-Mart everyday. Meaning 10 million people in the store and 3 checkout lanes open.

Now, before I get pharmacy hate mail, I love pharmacists. My stepdad is one. I worked in his store a little bit in college. But I never let anyone cutbut my line.

*Yes, it's hyphenated. Why is this so confusing to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment