6:30- Big De wakeup time. This is not my normal wake-up time but I had to take S to school.
6:35- Forget to turn off alarm and accidentally wake up A. Typically when I take S to school I wake her up long enough to change her diaper and put her in the car. So she hung out in the bathroom while I got ready.
6:45- Wake up S (he wakes up pretty easily most of the time). I head downstairs and get him a snack for school since he eats a late lunch. Juice and Peanut Butter crackers.Here are my kidlets all ready for the drive to school.
7:00- We leave for school, which is a 30-45 minute drive, depending on traffic. A usually stares out the window, while S usually does this:

7:30-7:45- School dropoff. S prefers to be dropped off in the front of the school. Unlike me, who was escorted daily to her classroom by her mother until her second grade teacher told her mother she was too old for stuff like that. True Story.
7:45-8:30- Drive home. A usually will go to sleep at this point. I try to stay awake by enjoying a morning snack:

8:30- back home. I eat breakfast, check e-mails, pick up around the house, and intermittently play with A. Here is a pic of her at play: (this was right before nap time so that's why she looks sleepy).
10:00- first full nap of the day. She typically will go to sleep on he couch, although I have been working on trying to get her to nap in her crib. While she sleeps I drink coffee and either look for employment or surf the interwebz.
11:30- wakeup. This is my favorite time of the day. She is still a little sleepy and all snuggles. We usually read a book while she wakes up. Then she gets dressed (finally) If we need to run a errand, this is when we will do it. I try to have a daily "field trip" just to get both of us out of the house.
12:00- Lunch time. Looks like carrots for her, Bagel Bites for me (I have a bad addiction to crappy food).
12:30- Play time. Please see description of 8:30 play time. Here's my smart girl cruising on the treadmill (not to worry, the treadmill has been baby-proofed for your safety).

2:00- PM nap time. I occasionally (about once a week) take a nap with her if I'm feeling tired. Today was one of those days. Isn't she so sweet when she naps?
3:30- Wake up from nap. We watch my shows, Giada and Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Audrey plays while occasionally staring at the tv. She really likes Barefoot Contessa for some reason.
4:00- S is supposed to have practice at 6, so I get our dinner ready. When we go to his practices (twice a week) E and I have sandwiches. Tonight's sandwich is smoked turkey on a Kaiser roll with Brie cheese and dried cranberries. We also have chopped veggies (carrots, celery, tomatoes) instead of chips and fruit for dessert. Here is a pic of dinner:
2:00- PM nap time. I occasionally (about once a week) take a nap with her if I'm feeling tired. Today was one of those days. Isn't she so sweet when she naps?
3:30- Wake up from nap. We watch my shows, Giada and Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Audrey plays while occasionally staring at the tv. She really likes Barefoot Contessa for some reason.4:00- S is supposed to have practice at 6, so I get our dinner ready. When we go to his practices (twice a week) E and I have sandwiches. Tonight's sandwich is smoked turkey on a Kaiser roll with Brie cheese and dried cranberries. We also have chopped veggies (carrots, celery, tomatoes) instead of chips and fruit for dessert. Here is a pic of dinner:
So, practice was cancelled because we ended up getting a bunch of rain. I was disappointed because I wanted to get some pics of the practice. So the three of us went out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.
When we got home, A had a bath, played a little more with E, and was asleep by 8. Yeah, I slacked off on the photo taking towards the end of the day. It happens.
I hope that clarifies what exactly it is that we do around here for fun. Hope you enjoyed a look at our day!

I walked you to class so no pervert would grab you and we wouldn't even know it until the end of the day! NOW does it make sense?
ReplyDelete